6 February 2012

... a seashell pendant

I made this for a friend who loves the sea, and everything related to it. My mother brought me some seashells from home, and I thought I'd make a mould from one of them, but I quite liked the idea of exposing the inside of the shell, creating a little cave to hide something in, so I pressed the shell into the clay, let it dry and then sanded the back until it was smooth.  After firing, I attached a crystal bead to it, which dangles and even gives it a faint sound of a bell. In a certain light, the crystal also reflects into the silver of the shell. I'm pleased with this, and hope my friend will like it too!  I also practiced pencil drawing and thought I'd let this girl hold the pendant for the photo (although I didn't quite finish drawing her hand)...

No comments:

Post a Comment